Graduate Student Employee Incentives
The goal of Sustainable Transportation (ST) is to reduce vehicle trips and commute emissions. To encourage graduate students to give ST a try, UCI offers incentives in the form of rebates on train tickets, discount on University Pass membership, campus shuttle service, occasional parking permits, and guaranteed rides home.
To join the Sustainable Transportation program and receive ST participation incentives, graduate students must...
- Be actively enrolled as a graduate student at UC Irvine
- Not possess an individual long term (one month or longer) UC Irvine parking permit
- Be employed by UC Irvine with an active appointment and work at a site on the UC Irvine Main Campus where a parking permit is required (UCI Research Park and University Town Center not included) OR be an official, on-lease resident of Palo Verde, Verano Place, Puerta del Sol, Camino del Sol, Vista del Campo, or Vista del Campo Norte.
- Utilize a sustainable mode (bike, bus, carpool, shuttle, train, vanpool, or walk) for the majority of their commute. Those who use a drive-alone vehicle for the majority of the distance traveled do not qualify for membership or incentives.
- Register for membership via the department's myCommute system.
Please note that the registration process is not fully automated and will normally take 2-3 business days to complete. Do not expect same-day fulfillment of ST permit requests. During highly impacted times (such as late June and early July), it may take a week or more to receive a response to your registration request.
Graduate students who are neither employed by the campus nor lessees in one of the housing communities listed in the qualifications above receive the same sustainable transportation incentives as undergraduate students.
Sustainable Transportation Permits
To aid with the rare need to drive to campus, Sustainable Transportation offers occasional-use daily Sustainable Transportation Permits.
|Employee Alternate Commute Incentives|
|Method of Transportation||Incentives||Additional Incentives/Discounts|
|Walk/Bike||5 One day permits/mo|
|OCTA||2 One day permits/mo||University Pass|
|Shuttles||2 One day permits/mo||Free to staff/students (excluding Parkwest, Newport, and Spectrum shuttles)|
|Vanpool||4 One day permits/mo|
|Trains||2 One day permits/mo||Amtrak/Metrolink*
Savings: 20% rebate on Monthly, 10-Trip, and 7-Day tickets.
|Carpool||2 One day permits/mo|
|Drop Off †||2 One day permits/mo|
Night/Weekend Permits ("Grad Pass")
In addition to the regular ST permits, graduate students who are both ST members and official residents (on the lease) of in Palo Verde, Verano Place, Puerta del Sol, Camino del Sol, Vista del Campo, and Vista del Campo Norte communities also receive 5 evening/weekend "Grad Pass" permits per month. These permits allow occasional evening/weekend parking and are accessed through a personal dispenser access code that is issued as part of registration.
The use of these dispenser access codes is restricted to "Grad Pass" permits and may not be used to access any other permit. Grad Pass permits are valid Mon-Fri 6pm-6:59am, all day on the weekends, and can be accessed via the automated permit dispensers only during those hours.
Redeeming Sustainable Transportation Permits
DAYTIME PERMITS FROM STAFFED KIOSKS
Click here for kiosk locations and hours
- Stop at any open information kiosk
- Show your photo ID
- Request your permit from the reservation system
- The permit you receive is valid in any general unmarked or AR stall outside of Lot 80. One usage is deducted from your ST permit allotment.
GRAD PASS PERMITS FROM AUTOMATED DISPENSERS
Click here to see a map of the dispenser locations.
In this system, you are assigned a personal Dispenser Access Code, provided upon registration.
- Visit a permit dispenser machine
- Select one of the "Grad" products from the main screen
- Enter your Dispenser Access Code
- You will receive a permit, valid in any general unmarked or AR stall (except in Lot 80). 1 usage is deducted from your Grad Pass permit allotment.
- Note: Dispensers are "mult-tap" enabled to allow for the use of alphanumeric codes. If you have a code that has two of same number side by side, you will need to enter the second digit after a slight pause. Watch for the asterisk to appear before hitting the same number again. Ex. Code 11234 is entered as 1-(pause)-1-2-3-4.
If you attempt to use your Grad Pass code any time Monday through Friday before 6:00pm the dispenser will ask that you pay the AR permit daily rate and one usage will be deducted from your allotment if you purchase the permit.
Rules for Permit Use
- Permits received through the Sustainable Transportation program are not valid in Lot 80, Service, X, handicapped stalls without also displaying a handicapped placard, pay by space or metered stalls. Any permit(s) not used by the end of each fiscal year (JUNE 30th) do not carry over to the following year.
- Participants who end their Sustainable Transportation membership will need to pay for ST permits used beyond their monthly allotment at the value of the current AR permit rate before they are allowed to purchase a long-term parking permit. Those who end membership and have used less than their monthly allotment will retain the use of the permits earned through the month of cancellation.
- Sustainable Transportation parking incentives, rebates, and products are non-transferable.
- Sustainable Transportation parking incentives are ineligible for use in any parking reciprocity agreements. For a list of UCI permits eligible for inter-campus reciprocity please visit this page: http://www.parking.uci.edu/permits/reciprocity.cfm
- Failure to practice good conduct and abuse of incentives may result in revocation of program participation and incentive privileges.
Guaranteed Ride Home
All registered Sustainable Transportation participants may receive a Guaranteed Ride Home in case of illness or emergency. Transportation and Distribution Services will arrange transportation to the employee's home or other destination free of charge once every six months or a maximum of two occurrences in an academic year.
To request a Guaranteed Ride Home, call (949) 824-7433. For rides after hours, please arrange the ride PRIOR to 4:30 PM, Mondays - Fridays. In an emergency, call (949) 824-2691.
Taxi service at the expense of a student or employee may be arranged by calling (800) 535-2211.