The T&DS staff is committed to providing the UCI community a safe and efficient way to get to a desired destination, whether it is class, work, or a special event. The staff of T&DS takes great pride in their ability to serve you with excellence in all aspects of our work.
If you are a student and looking for a job in a friendly atmosphere that will work around your school schedule - look no further than your T&DS office! T&DS hires over 150 students year-round offering a wide variety of duties and promotional opportunities.
- The creation of a civil engineering design team made of UCI students to develop plans for a future infrastructure project which reduces expenses and offers real world experience for students entering the job market.
- The Marketing and Graphics team allows UCI students to master their graphic design skills with numerous advertisement projects.
- Our bike team works to keep the Zotwheels program running along with doing other tasks such as cleaning bikes, redistributing bikes, and participating at bike fairs on campus.
- Charter Services allows students to be trained to receive a Commercial Class B Driver's License with a Passenger Endorsement in order to shuttle passengers for special events.
Because of their positive experiences as student workers, T&DS also employs a number of UCI graduates who have chosen a career at the University.
T&DS is on the cutting edge of sustainable operations in all of its divisions from office management, enforcement, online permit purchasing, to maintenance and construction. Research and testing is being done continuously to find the most efficient and sustainable products. By considering itself one part of a greater university, T&DS decreases its own impact on the environment and is able to help the university to operate in a more sustainable manner.
- Infrared asphalt repair product to repair only what is damaged, saving construction emissions
- Cistern systems in place to reclaim rain water from the parking structures
- Water-based paint usage
- Green Purchasing
Parking Enforcement Representatives use License Plate Recognition technology which:
- Eliminates paper permits
- Eliminates issuance of unwarranted citations
- Reduces the number of patrol vehicles