The 3 Feet for Safety Act
Effective September 16, 2014, the 3 Feet for Safety Act requires vehicles to give bicyclists at least 3 feet clearance while traveling in the same direction. Follow these safety tips to help avoid collisions:
- Pay attention and avoid driving distractions
- Slow down near bicyclists
- Look for bicyclists before opening your car door
- Check your blind spot for bicyclists before turning right
- Avoid the door zone near parked cars
- Be predictable and use hand signals
- Ride with a white front headlight
- Stop at red lights and stop signs
Bike Fair Wednesday, November 26
The next Bike Fair is scheduled for Wednesday, November 26, 2014 from 2pm to 5pm at the corner of Campus Drive and Jamboree. At this event salvaged bicycles and parts can be purchased at a low cost. Most bikes will require minimal repair such as new inner tubes, cleaning of rust, and tuning. For more information, please contact UCI Transportation at 949-824-2691.
Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
Electric Vehicle charging stations in Anteater Parking Structure are currently closed for maintenance. Alternative charging locations can be found in the 3rd floor of Social Science Parking Structure, the first floor of Mesa Parking Structure, and the first floor of Student Center Parking Structure. Thank you for your patience while this project is underway.