uciRIDEtoberfest: A Festival of Bikes
UCI Transportation is excited to present the first ever uciRIDEtoberfest: a festival of bikes, good food, and fun. Join us for the celebration on Tuesday, October 21 through Thursday, October 23 at Aldrich Hall Flagpoles, where you can race tricycles, buy a used bike, eat delicious German food, and win prize drawings. An outdoor movie event will cap off the festivities at the ARC Fields on Friday, October 24.
The 3 Feet for Safety Act
Effective September 16, 2014, the 3 Feet for Safety Act requires vehicles to give bicyclists at least 3 feet clearance while traveling in the same direction. Follow these safety tips to help avoid collisions:
- Pay attention and avoid driving distractions
- Slow down near bicyclists
- Look for bicyclists before opening your car door
- Check your blind spot for bicyclists before turning right
- Avoid the door zone near parked cars
- Be predictable and use hand signals
- Ride with a white front headlight
- Stop at red lights and stop signs
Bike Fair Wednesday, November 26
The next Bike Fair is scheduled for Wednesday, November 26, 2014 from 2pm to 5pm at the corner of Campus Drive and Jamboree. At this event salvaged bicycles and parts can be purchased at a low cost. Most bikes will require minimal repair such as new inner tubes, cleaning of rust, and tuning. For more information, please contact UCI Transportation at 949-824-2691.