Commute by Bus
UCI - OCTA University Pass
Want a ride 24/7?
You've got it with the University Pass Program. This program gives you unlimited access to the Orange County Transportation Authority's (OCTA) extensive bus system, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can ride to and from the campus, shopping, even the beach-anywhere in Orange County. University Pass is a joint Program between OCTA and UC Irvine's Parking and Transportation Services Office.
How does University Pass Work?
Under the University Pass Program, UCI faculty, staff and students are able to purchase a University Pass card for a membership fee. This pass is good for unlimited regular service on OCTA buses throughout the county. Just swipe your card and go!
Who can get University Pass Card Membership?
- All students currently enrolled in UCI classes with a current photo ID card
- All faculty and staff currently employed by UCI (Main Campus) with a UCI Staff ID card
- Medical Center employees with Medical Center ID do not qualify for this program (contact Medical Center Rideshare for information)
How do I become a University Pass Card Member?
Just stop by the Transportation and Distribution Services Office to join the University Pass Program. University Pass membership is $169 and is valid from July 1 to June 30 of the next year.
University Pass Annual Member Benefits
- Pass discounted 80% compared to OCTA monthly passes
- No hunting for parking
- Read, study, or sleep on the bus
- Great for those on a budget
- University Pass membership is not valid for Express Routes and ACCESS buses (for seniors and disabled only).
- If you take non-OCTA bus lines (i.e., Long Beach Transit, MTA, Irvine "I-Shuttle") you'll have to pay the full fare.
- University Pass membership is non-transferable. Use of the University Pass card by non-members will result in termination of University Pass card privileges for the member.
- University Pass is invalid if user leaves UCI.
- University Pass is not available to employees who hold a parking permit.
- Refunds prorated up to 2 months of use. No refunds given after 2 months of use.
How can you help?
Using bus services reduces vehicles on the road, parking demand and emissions. We encourage you to become a University Pass member today!