Commute by Carpool
The UC Irvine campus offers attractive carpool incentive programs for employees and graduate students. To purchase an employee carpool permit and split the cost of parking on the UCI campus, all members of the carpool need to come to the Transportation and Distribution Services main office. Each carpool will be issued one permit.
Employee Carpool Program
Anyone can team up and split the cost of a parking permit, but to receive additional incentives to carpool, carpools must qualify for the Employee Carpool Program. To qualify, the carpool must consist of two or more UC Irvine campus employees who:
- Live outside of the UC Irvine Boundary
- Are employed by the campus with active employment appointments
- Travel together the majority of their commute trips to the UC Irvine campus proper (Main UCI Campus and North Campus. University Research Park and University Tower are not considered part of the campus proper).
- Travel from the same direction to the campus.
- The shortest commute must be at least 50% of the longest commute.
Park 4 Free
Get 4 or more together in an employee carpool and park for free! Sign up by visiting the Transportation and Distribution Services office. Eligible carpools must meet the requirements of the Employee Carpool Program.
Zimride Rideshare Matching
[Click here to sign find a new carpool partner]
"Let UCI Zimride Find You a Carpool Partner"
If you are interested in carpooling but do not have a partner, check out Zimride. Here, you can search for a partner or put your name into the database so other potential carpoolers can contact you. It's that simple. Have a car? Split the costs by driving fellow UCI community members. Don't have a car? Find a ride where you need to go. You save money and protect the environment!
Membership is free. To sign up, click on the Zimride graphic above.
If you are an employee with an active appointment and are regularly dropped off at the UCI campus by a non-employee, you may still qualify for occasional complimentary parking permits. Call (949) 824-RIDE (7433) for more details.